OpenBSD: connection problems with some sites in internet


I’m experiencing some problems when trying to connect, via web browser, with some sites as ebay or google. I’ve discovered that I get a better experience browsing when the MTU in the wifi interface (iwn0) is lower than 1500. So I put in /etc/hostname.iwn0:

 

mtu 1440 up

This is a very odd thing. MTU path discovery is permitted in my firewall configuration (icmp_types = “{ echoreq, unreach }”) and even deactivating PF the problems remain.

 

About jjjesss

I'm a guy interested in technology, bsd fan and concerned about the world around.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s